Monday, March 4, 2013

Ceramic tiled fish


On Main Street in Cedar Key there is an area which includes a store where artists hang out and work and sell their creations.  Part of this area is set aside as an artsy park where items created by local artists are displayed.  This is a fish, a piece of a larger project which includes a fisherman.  You can tell by the line coming out of the fish's mouth that it has been hooked.

You might call it a Redfish, but it doesn't look like any Redfish I've seen! 

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Okay. Lets call it that. Nice Redfish.

Linda said...

No, it doesn't, but it has its own appeal.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful creative artwork!A feeling of Barcelona in this post! ;)
hugs
Léia

Cindy said...

Until you mentioned the line in its mouth I was thinking a red dolphin. I know dolphins aren't red but it's an artistic representation so...anyway, I like it.

Happy Tuesday Lowell. Hope you and the Mrs. are staying warm. :)

Unknown said...

Cool work!

cieldequimper said...

Crikey, I'm tired, I didn't even see it was hooked. Poor thing, who'd want to break their teeth on that?!

Very nice mosaic, actually.

Irina Kovalenko said...

Greetings to you! Curious! The fish reminds of Gaudí and Barselona, 1st of all, his creations in Güell. Could these artists have been inspired by Gaudí?
If you have a minute, would you have a look at "What I’ve been reading lately" in my blog. I'd love to hear your opinion )as a creator)of impressionism. Thanx ahead!